Haematology: Fourth Edition- Martin R. Howard
This textbook on haematology in the Illustrated Colour Text series is suitable for medical students, junior doctors and others needing a concise and practical introduction to the subject.
- Concise and manageable coverage of the major blood diseases and their treatment.
- Does not overload the reader with science, unlike some competing books.
- Focus is on the haematology patient and on the practical aspects of the subject.
- Makes use of the attractive features of the ICT series - double page spreads, lots of colour illustrations, summary boxes.
- Updating to take account of recenty developments in stem cell biology.
- Increased emphasis on genomic and proteomic techniques in the diagnosis of haematological malignancy.
- Use of new imaging techniques including MRI and PET.
- Description of advances in treatment of leukaemia and lymphoma and in diagnosis and management of patients with thrombophilia and venous thrombosis.
- Development of new antimicrobial agents in management of immunosuppressed patients with infection.
- New double page spread on palliative care of patients with blood disorders.
Please refer to the images for a summary/synopsis of the book.
Sila rujuk kepada gambar halaman belakang buku untuk membaca ringkasan buku tersebut.